2.5.14

That time I went to Phuket, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Phangan... again!

I was so ready for beach time after spending time in the cities of Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Eager to go back to Thailand, I wasn't at all that excited for Phuket. A travel plan that didn't quite work out left me with an Air Asia flight to Phuket that I couldn't cancel or change to somewhere else. I booked a hostel on Kata beach to try escape the crazy wild Patong beach that we stayed at last time. I'd love to say that my thoughts on Phuket beaches have changed this time around but that's unfortunately not the case. A walk down to the beach consisted of not one word of English being heard, literally only Russians were there buying into all the tacky touristy shit imaginable, not batting an eyelid at prices and making everything there pretty expensive. The sleazy girly bars that I thought I'd be skipping in Patong were still there too. Sorry Phuket but I don't think I'll be seeing you again.

After spending a day there I made my way to Koh Phi Phi to meet up with friends I'd made in KL. We had a lot of fun. Phi Phi was still a party beach as I remembered it with people riding their bikes through the town going beep beep instead of bells lol. Still a lot of fun:) I made some new friends, had way too many drinks and was eventually roped into going to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon party... again.

Koh Phangan did turn out to be a whole lot of fun. I had originally planned to go to Krabi to do my dive course but worked out that I wouldn't have enough time before I'd have to be up in Bangkok to go to Burma. After a long trip of ferries, buses and ferries again we made it to the land of Fullmoon, Halfmoon and Jungle parties, all of the parties. We did them all, as one does in Koh Phangan. The Full Moon party was pretty wild. Lumo, trance music, crazy people, all rolled into one. I definitely think its the last time I'll be doing it though. Think twice in your life is enough lol. The crazy week of partying on the islands definitely called for some down time in Bangkok, or something like that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment