4.2.13

A bit of home in Itaewon

A while back I was strolling around Itaewon (the super foreigner filled neighborhood in Seoul) and I came across something I thought was really cool.

I happened to look down and see these metal embossed tiles lining the pavements. They kept popping up every now and then and each were different with different countries flags, capital cities and greetings on them.

I saw a bunch of different ones, and eventually came across a familiar word, Sawubona!
Itaewon's pretty much known as the foreigners town in Seoul. Its close to a lot of US army bases so there are always military dudes with their big arms and crew cuts rolling around on their nights off, and teachers... lots of teachers..

It was nice to spot a little bit of home on the other side of the world :)


No comments:

Post a Comment