19.6.13

We hiked up a mountain! A really really high mountain..

Its officially hot as hell in Korea which means more outdoor activities! I would by no means call myself an outdoorsy kind of girl, I mean I've been on the occasional hike (walk) back home and have gone camping maybe a grand total of 5 times in my life, okay excluding the Oppikoppi, non sleeping, too drunk to function, once a year music festival camping, but that's always an exception :P

I've definitely been more outdoorsy here in Korea than I have ever been in my life. Hikes, sea kayaking and fishing are not things I would have expected to do here let alone do them willingly as leisurely activities on my weekends off.  but I like to think I came to Korea with an open mind and I've got to say I'm really enjoying this new outdoorsyness I've got going on:)

A couple of weeks ago I went with Britny, Jacquelynn and Angel on an 8 hour hike in Seoraksan National Park. We hiked up the Daechongbong Peak which is the highest peak in the park at 1708 meters! Id be lying if I said I loved every minute of it.. I didn't. So far I've only done small hikes and this was definitely a biggie! It was great to get to the top though and it made it worth every painful second up the mountain. It was a challenge going down too but jeepers I felt like I had really done something great by the end of it. Plus it made for a great Sunday funday! :)

We climbed trees as well
gif maker at gickr.com
I made a little video at the peak so you can see the view.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment