20.8.14

Siem Reap, Cambodia. The ethereal haze...

Heading to Cambodia was a little tough after making some pretty fantastic friends on Koh Tao but I was still very excited to tick another country off my list and go exploring. I made my way to Siem Reap from Bangkok by bus and eventually arrived to meet up with more friends from Korea:) We only had one night together but definitely made it count.

Siem Reap is laid back by day but nuts by night. Pub Street was extra crazy because we arrived just in time for Khmer new year. We managed to catch a show by the Phare Cambodian Circus, a project that takes kids from bad homes and encourages them to better their lives through art. It was a brilliant show and really entertaining and funny too, a nice night out if you have time in Siem Reap.

I was soon on my own again and had to give up our comfy private room for another hostel bed. I quickly made some new friends to tag along with to Angkor Wat the next morning. We got a 4am start and got there just in time for sunrise. This really was another part of my trip where pictures did no justice. Being in a place that is so iconic and historical made it hard to not literally go 'wow' at everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment